For the 2017-2018 year, NSBE Houston Professionals intends to build on our accomplishments and continue the path to greatness with the help of our devoted members. The Houston Professionals chapter is committed to serving our community, developing our professionals, and the continued mentorship of our youth. It is with the support of your time and membership that our organization can continue to reach our objectives and establish new goals that will push the Houston Chapter to the next level.
NSBE Houston Professionals Objectives include:
- Develop the technical, leadership, and professional skills of our members.
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees and to obtain/maintain. professional engineering certification.
- Encourage and advise minority youth in their pursuit of an engineering career.
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines.
- Strive to increase the number of minorities studying engineering at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Improve college recruitment, retention, graduation, and ultimate success of professional engineers by establishing strategic alliances among minorities.
- Provide networking opportunities between members and other professional organizations.