Join the NSBE Houston Professionals chapter as we partner with Houston First Baptist to assist those affected by Hurricane Harvey with rebuilding and cleaning their homes. Please bring your own gloves, masks and water. Lunch will not be provided.
Below are a few additional instructions to consider:
Who can volunteer?
- Any men and women who seek to love and comfort those affected by Harvey may volunteer with us.
What is the time frame?
- A normal Saturday or weekday work day will last from 8a-2p (it could end earlier or last longer). If you can only work a few of those hours, please do not let that deter you from serving! We will take any time that you will volunteer!
What do I wear?
- All volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes and clothes that can get dirty.
- Please wear a NSBE affiliated shirt if you have one.
Where do I park?
- Park at The Loop Campus in the south parking lot across from the Fitness & Recreation Center.
Where do I go?
- Go to the Oasis Courtyard at The Loop Campus.
What do I bring?
- All volunteers should bring lunch, snacks, and a water bottle.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring any of the following items if you can (not required) — utility knives, safety glasses, hammer, push broom, pry bar, gloves, N95 masks, pump sprayer, wheel barrow, shovel, or any tools your Team Leader advises.
Can my children join me?
- Your school-aged children may serve with you, but please know that conditions may be potentially hazardous for younger kids who require supervision.
2017 Professional Development Conference | Chicago, IL
The Professional Development Conference (PDC) offers you unsurpassed opportunities to learn and network with other engineering professionals and make a positive impact on the community!
Chicago, also known as the Windy City, has a lot to offer. Make sure you check it out during this year’s NSBE Professional Development Conference.
NSBE Houston Professionals General Body Meeting | Chevron
Location and time TBD.