On behalf of NSBE and the NSBE Houston Professionals chapter, I would like to extend my warmest thanks for your pledge to membership. As we begin the 2017-2018 NSBE year, it is a great time to take a moment and reflect the accomplishments the NSBE Houston Professional chapter has achieved throughout the 2016-2017 year:
- Increased local membership by more than 50%.
- Successfully implemented the ‘A Walk for Education’ initiative where chapter members provided over 100 students information on scholarships, college majors, and financial resources.
- Implemented two Fresh Start Initiatives where chapter member partnered with local universities to provide a full day of STEM related activities and experiments to elementary and middle school students.
- Raised over $10,000 to support chapter initiatives.
- Provided $7,500 in scholarships to 9 deserving High School and College students.
- Gained 3 new corporate sponsorships (BASF, ExxonMobil, and Chevron).
- Awarded 2016-2017 Region V Chapter of the Year.
- Awarded 2016-2017 Pre-Collegiate Initiative Chapter of the Year.
- Awarded 2016-2017 Region V Member of the Year.
Again, I invite you to join myself and my NSBE counterparts on this journey because it is through your support that we can continue to attain our objectives. If you have any questions regarding your membership or require more information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TeAndra J. Kinlaw
NSBE Houston Professionals
2017-2018 Membership Chair
For our new / returning members, click below to join us / Pay your membership dues!