NSBE Vision, Mission & Objectives
We envision a world in which engineering is a mainstream word in homes and communities of color, and all Black students can envision themselves as engineers. In this world, Blacks exceed parity in entering engineering fields, earning degrees, and succeeding professionally.
The mission of the National Society of Black Engineers is:
"to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community."
The National Society of Black Engineers strives to accomplish the following objectives for our organization:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering registrations
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in that profession
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Black Engineers